Toufic Farroukh is a Lebanese saxophone player and composer of jazz based in France since 1984.
He studied music at the École Normale de Musique de Paris/ Alfred Cortot from 1985 till 1990.
Since 1995, he has been teaching and composing music for contemporary dance classes in the conservatory of regional coverage of Paris (conservatoire à rayonnement régional de Paris (CRR)).
He released several internationally acclaimed music CDs which has opened the way to participate in several music festivals in Europe and Lebanon.
He wrote music for many feature and documentary films.
(Feature Films and Documentaries)
Original Music written by T. Farroukh
- Nour for Khalil Zaarour 2016
- A Ladder to Damascus for Mohamad Malas 2014
- Un homme d’Honneur (A man of honor) for Jean Claude Codsi 2012
- Falafel for Michel Kamoun 2006
Bayard D’or for the best musical composition of the 21 Namur International French-Language Film Festival
- Bonne à vendre (Good for sale) for Dima El Jundi 2006
- Terra incognito for Ghassan Salhab 2002
- Entre nous …deux (between us…two) for Dima El Jundi 1996
- Histoire d’un retour (history of a return) for Jean Claude Codsi 1994